etsy

etsy

Monday, June 18, 2012

Back on line

Boy did that last month go by fast.  The girls and I went to Texas for our vacation.  If you've read my past posts, you know I lived in Texas for a long time.  I've been back home in MN for a long time, but there will always be a piece of me that longs to live in Texas.  When I drop over the Oklahoma hills down across the Red River, I just grin.  And when Anna runs to the door of my friends house to be enveloped in hugs I know I've done something right to instill my love of Texas in my girls.

I have been busy on the spinning/knitting front.  My nephew is having a baby in the fall so I spun some beautiful fiber and have been busy knitting it up into a baby blanket.  I made Kyle and his Anna an afghan for their wedding present.  This time, I spun the yarn myself into a fingering weight and using the same pattern, I'm creating a baby blanket.  Pictures to follow.  I also knit another baby blanket since I wanted a more utilitarian gift for them to use.  And just to top it off, my niece is also pregnant and due in a few weeks.  I'm working on a little sweater for her little girl.  This is a Florida baby, so a lightweight sweater seemed the way to go.

Hopefully, I've still got readers.  I'll do better, lots of pictures coming up.  Baby blankets to show off.  Soon babies too!

No comments: