etsy

etsy

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lunch with a rabbit named Elliana

It is howling outside my window, gray, wet, gloomy, yup, perfect knitting weather!  While I don't look forward to slogging my way to and from work each day, I do love curling up at the end of the day with my knitting.  Now if I could only knit/spin as fast as my mind keeps planning on "just one more project."

Emily had her ortho appointment yesterday.  No more cranking of the device to widen her upper jaw, it is where they want it to be.  In order to keep the device locked into place, they thread a wire through it, wrap it around, twist the multi wire strands together...at that point the dentist stopped, and asked her, how she felt.  She had long wires sticking out of her mouth.  Her reply?  Like a fish on a pole!  Laughter erupted in the dentist office.  My girl, she has a way with words.

I visited the Wild Wool Market Saturday, it was nice to meet Susan and get a sense for the space so when I show up next month I have a better idea of what to expect.

And as promised, we went to Rainforest Cafe where Anna was tortured by having her picture taken in the wild.  Her response was not surprising but still made me laugh.

We managed to enjoy our lunch before the great hoards of people also decided to have their lunch and after enjoying our nachos and appetizers (best kinda lunch around) we headed to Build a Bear.  Where with only a nominal wait time, my girls each piced out a new friend.  (shhhhh don't tell any of Anna's friends she picked out a new bear).

And here to show her delight is Emily who is hugging the lovable and softly squishable, Elliana.  A perfect ending to our day.

No comments: