etsy

etsy

Monday, June 7, 2010

Continueing with the mesmerizing Yggdrasil

I can't tell you how much I love working on this blanket.  Just when I start to feel bogged down with it, I look at it and just am amazed.  I finished the leaf cable border and was able to lay it out.  And even my older daughter was awed by it.  We were both standing on chairs to take pictures of it.  It just makes me happy.  I almost hated having to put it back on the needles to start the next plain knitted section because I won't see it all laying out flat again until I'm finishe with it!  Can you believe that?  But I now have all 772 stitches on one ginormous 60 inch circular needle to finish the plain section.  Then once again I will work through the cable border and it will be finished.

I can't wait to see how the leaf cable section will look once it is blocked and opened up a bit.  I think it is just lovely.
I'm even happy with how the corners are looking.  And I'm already looking ahead.  I have two things in mind to work on next.  Both involve my handspun.  One is Sam the Ram, he is so cute and I have enough cream handspun of my own that I can double it up and make a wonderful cable filled sheep of my own, although Emily has already claimed him.  And just because I don't think I'm busy enough, once Yggdrasil is compelte, my next big project involves spinning 22 ounces of fiber into 1540 yards of yarn to create a baby blanket from the pattern Girasole, I think this version is just amazing and I can't wait to work on it.  But during the spinning I see some smaller projects in my head as well, hats and mittens here I come!  well I'll come once Yggdrasil is complete, like in July/August.  Now if only someone could explain to me why I'm working on a massive wool blanket during summer?  hmmmmm

No comments: