etsy

etsy

Friday, July 22, 2011

Squinty eye pictures

I need to take better pictures...case in point...my latest spin, Wizard Island...

This looks like the yarn is moving so fast that it is in motion...wait, you mean yarn doesn't move?  So that means my picture taking is well, awful.  In real life this is over 400 yards of beautiful two ply wool yarn.

So lets move on to my knitting project.  Yes I still knit, really I do.  While spinning is taking over more and more of my time, I still knit almost every day.  I found this great pattern, the atalanta scarf I fell hard for this one, the edging just about made me swoon.  I immediately favorited this on Ravelry but kept knitting away on other, now much less worthy projects.  Finally I started it, first in some on hand yarn because I couldn't possibly wait to go look for the perfect yarn.  After a few failed attempts to understand the pattern I got it, and worked away for several repeats until I came to the bitter conclusion that the yarn was too puny.  The knitting was lackluster at best.  So rippppp it went.  My girls love to "help" when something needs ripping.  In seconds they have undone what took me hours to do. 

I went off in pursuit of the perfect yarn to make my Atalanta scarf.  I found a couple skeins of Prism Saki yarn in the Copper Penny colorway.  Perfect yarn I'm telling you.  After another few false starts, clearly I had yet to fully wrap my head around how to execute a six row pattern repeat of the right edging with the eight row pattern repeat on the left edging.  What?  I confused myself again just typing that.  So a slight alteration, ahem, "pattern design" and I was on my way.  Last night I took a picture, laid my shining copper penny scarf on a white t-shirt for the BEST possible picture.  The result?


I know my tshirt is not new, but it is NOT yellow!  So clearly my picture taking is at an all time low.  I'm sure all of you are ju

I'm getting feed up, this is my third attempt to finish my oh so witty observations on why my picture taking is crappy.  I mentioned melting due to the sun (hence the yellow cast to my white t-shirt).  I mentioned future problems may be due to frost bite (it will snow here again someday).  Believe me it was funny.  Side splitting funny.  not lame at all.  nope not me.  But since neither the blog gods or picture goddesses are with me today,  I'm saving and moving on.  Watch, this will go up without a hitch! 

nope, this is my fifth attempt...maybe the pictures are so embarrassed they are being gremlins and trying to prevent this missive from hitting the world at large.  Ya, get over it, few people will see you!  Buck up buttercup, let your blurry yellow tinged glory stand proud.  POST for crying out loud.

No comments: