etsy

etsy

Friday, November 4, 2011

Work surprises

I work for a medical device company.  While our offices are in the suburbs, we are directly off a main highway.  However, our buildings are surrounded by woods and ponds.  We have wild turkeys, deer, fox, and other various critters roaming our grounds.  (sometime I need to tell you the story of the turkeys attacking certain cars)  The building I'm in is having construction work done on the parking lot.  Which means that I have to park at our other building and either walk through that building and then the sky way that links the two buildings or walk through the woods on a path that goes up and down some steep pitches while you are completely surrounded by trees.  You can hear squirrels and chipmunks chattering and scolding you as you walk through.  Imagine my surprise yesterday when I came around the bend and met him.


It was a young buck.  It has antlers and just stood there watching me.  I talked to him, trying to convince him that he should keep ambling across the path as I needed to get past him.  He didn't budge.  I slowly walked forward chattering away and still he stood there.  I got about 3 feet away before he turned tail and crashed into the trees.  I looked over and there was another young buck watching me from inside the tree line.  Funny that even though I'm smack dab in the city, even here I'm surrounded by wild life.

1 comment:

Kathryn Ray said...

I do love that about our company. :-)

One time I saw a pair of twin fawns... still with their spots. :-)