etsy

etsy

Thursday, November 3, 2011

14th Gotcha Day

Gotcha day is celebrated in my family much like a birthday.  14 years ago I was in China being handed my first child.  Yi, Zhi Hua became Anna Grace ZhiHua.  I became a mom.  And together we became a family.  So many decisions lead up to this day.  When I was a teenager I read books like "The Family Nobody Wanted".  I read and saw documentaries about the DeBoldt family in California.  They adopted many children for other lands, kids that needed a family.  It stuck in my brain and my heart.  20 years later I read an article in a magazine about a single female Pastor who adopted a baby girl in China.  And that was it.  I started looking and checking and thinking.  Four years later I was in China and my life was forever changed.  It hasn't always been easy.  But it has ALWAYS been right.  I'm so grateful that in spite of the many obstacles tossed in along the way, I found my way to Anna.  And through her, we found Emily.  So to my oldest daughter.  Happy Gotcha Day!  I will always love you.  Thank you for letting me be your mom.