etsy

etsy

Sunday, July 1, 2012

I hate math

I was an English/Elementary Ed major in college.  Taught school for several years.  Most of those years I was a Reading/English teacher for middle school kids.  Note, READING....not math....ENGLISH....again not math. Later, I transition into the legal field, working as a paralegal and legal secretary.  Again...no math.  Well I'd have to number exhibits for trial but that was the extent of my math requirements.  So here I am, knitting.  A lot.  And what is part of knitting?  Math.  Sigh, sometimes a lot of math.  Did I mention I hate math?  That my sister is an accountant and can do math easily and in her sleep.  Me?  Not so much.  I can do it.  But it is a chore.  The Girasole is a well planned out and beautiful pattern.  I've even done it before.  Most of the math is limited to simple counting.  Apparently this weekend, that was more than I could handle.  But I'm back on track and should finish Chart F by midweek if not sooner.  But I did use my math skills to figure out that to finish this baby blanket, I have approximately 26,000 stitches left.  26 THOUSAND stitches.  This is why I hate math.  It is black and white and just lays it out there.  I need to run, must keep knitting.  I'm talking THOUSANDS of stitches needed to complete the blankie by August 4.

1 comment:

Kathryn Ray said...

This made me laugh.

I'm an engineer, so I love math. But I have never spent the time to figure out how many stitches I have left to do.

Nope. No way. Don't want to know that number. ;-)