etsy

etsy

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Spinning

I'm excited....I'm going to take a drop spindle class at my local yarn store, All About Yarn, http://allaboutyarn.biz/. The class is in November and the best part is my nephew will watch my girls for me all day, so I'm going to also try and go see a movie that day. Doesn't get much better than that, spinning, yarn, and a movie. Pretty darn near perfect.

I'm starting to plot Christmas gifts. I'm leaning towards socks and mittens in all shapes and sizes. I've made fingerless gloves before and they worked well. I made these cabled mitts for my sister last year.


I also made these brown mitts for both my BIL and nephew. They were made from Silky Wool, I loved how they looked rustic but still felt nice against your skin.






This year I'm hoping to do some Scandinavian type mittens....a new challenge for me.

In an effort to be able to do some stealth sock knitting, we told family members that my oldest daughter had a math problem. We said she had to find out each person's foot size by tracing them on a sheet of paper, add up the total inches in length and divide by the number of people to get the average foot size of our family. So everyone gladly had their foot traced on paper and sent it to her. Which gives me the perfect way to make socks that should fit nicely. smile.....I'll let you know how that works out.

No comments: