etsy

etsy

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Waiting out the storm

So we wait.  It is late, and the snow is beginning to fall.  The projected amount?  16-20 inches.  In one storm.  In one day.  sigh.  I love my knitted mittens, hats, and scarves.  However, even I whimper at getting 20 inches of snow in one dump.  Oh did I mention the wind?  Ya, winds of 25 miles an hour.  With powdery snow.  Means you can't see your hand in front of your face.  And the temps?  Lets just add that into the mix as well.  Temps will drop with windchill to -25.  I guess that is the trifecta in winter weather.  Lots of snow, lots of wind, lots of cold.  It means we will stay home for the next 48 hours.  On the bright side, because I really do try to look at the bright side, I can spin and knit while looking outside at the snow globe I'm currently in.  So really not THAT bad.

And to add to my delight, my picture of my Lettuce Slide Scarf is now listed on Ravelry on the main pattern page.  smile...funny how something that simple can make me so happy.

So my friends, tonight I'm snuggled in my bed, listening to the wind start to blow, knowing when I get up in the morning, we will be in for a winter wonderland on steroids!

No comments: