etsy

etsy

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A world away, are hearts wondering?

My Anna is fourteen today.  So many things fly through my mind on the birthdays of my two China girls.  Do their birth parents wonder what happened to their tiny babies?  How I wish I could let them know their China girls are safe and loved and cherished.  That these girls have changed so many peoples lives through their love.  Do their China mom's know they changed my life?  That I'm beyond grateful to them for giving me the greatest gifts I will ever receive.  My girls are the two best decisions I've ever made in my life.  They came in and shook my world like a snow globe gone mad.  I always felt that adopting my girls was the most selfish thing I've ever done.  I'm incredibly blessed to have them in my life.  To Anna, who's ready smile and laughing eyes melted my heart the very moment she was placed in my arms in that tiny crowded room in China.  Who gleefully waved a cracker around as a toy because she didn't understand she could eat it.  Whose eyes widened in shock and surprise when she ate that cracker and discovered how good it tasted.  Whose tiny little fingers wrapped around my finger and whose heart squeezed mine tight with love.  Have a wonderful new year as you charge into your teen age years.  Be fearless and try all sorts of new things.  Explore and always keep reaching for new adventures.  I love you.

.

No comments: