etsy

etsy

Monday, March 21, 2011

9 Bowls of Peas

The last week was a bit stressful.  Emily had another surgery for her cleft issues.  This was a big one, we had to stay in the hospital a couple days, finally got permission to leave on the second day but at 9 pm.  My girl is a tough cookie, the next day, she asked not to take the pain meds anymore because she didn't like how they made her feel.  Swore she had no pain etc.  So we stopped and she slowly came back to her normal self.  Her face was so swollen, slowly walking with a limp.  She can only eat soft foods for the next month.  I see lots of KFC mashed potatoes and gravy in our future.  But her continued strength and grace is nothing short of miraculous.  But she did tell me that she would rather eat 9 bowls of peas instead of having that surgery again.  Did I mention she HATES peas.  So I herby proclaim, peas are banished from our household from this point forward.  There are plenty of other green vegetables that she can ignore on her plate.  So no worries my girl, there will be no peas on your plate.  You've endured enough.  Thank you God for continuing to bless my child with humor and resilience.

No comments: