etsy

etsy

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Strength

It amazes me how strong my yougest daughter is.  To see her dealing with multiple doctor appointments in a single day, to see her with metal boxes in her mouth that are holding her jaw in a much wider position while there are wires pulling her upper teeth too and fro is hard.  I try and show her how each little improvement is adding up to a big beautiful healthy mouth.  Try and explain that to a 9 year old who only wants to have a smile that shows her upper teeth just like every one else and who wants her top lip to have a cupid's bow instead of being straight across.  My girl is strong willed and determined.  Today we will go have more adjustments made to her braces and to check on her bone grafting surgery.  Will we have to redo the surgery to correct one side of the bone grafting?  That is the sugery that she said she'd rather eat 9 bowls of peas so she wouldn't have to do it again.  Pray for us that she can be spared another round of surgery.  But if not, pray that I can explain it to her so she understands that ultimately it will be the best for her.

***UPDATE:  I'm happy to report that Emily does NOT have to have the bone grafting surgery again, while there isn't as much bone in her right jaw as he wanted, there is most likely "enough" and that is good.  We don't have to go back for about a year and a half.  Whoo Hoo!

1 comment:

Kathryn Ray said...

This is great news!!

Personally, I like peas. But I'm guessing that Emily does not... are you going to ask her if she wants 9 bowls? ;-)