etsy

etsy

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Thank you Yarn Harbor

I spent the best day Saturday at Yarn Harbor in Duluth.  I set up my wheel and spun, laughed, and talked to so many people.  Kathy is a wonderful hostess and I had a great time.  I forget sometimes, so much of my time is spent doing my day job or taking care of my girls or my mom.  The time I spend spinning is mostly spent alone in my room, surrounded by my yarn and my fiber.  But Saturday I remember what it is like to be surrounded by people who love the same thing that I do.  And I had fun.  Lots of my yarn is now at Yarn Harbor, I can't wait until I can go again.  But before I do, I need to spin like a wild woman to rebuild my stock.  So tonight I started this...
It is from Aloha Blue, and it is spinning up beautifully.  Stay tuned...I'm going to need to spin fast, so I'll have some new pictures up soon.  I already have a couple skeins soaking and two bobbins full ready for plying tomorrow night.
I know I'm not posting as often, I'm sorry, but lately life is just a bit much to handle.  Work is trying, family life is interesting, but the fiber is soothing.  It will work for now.

No comments: