etsy

etsy

Monday, September 1, 2008

A Beginning


Well, I'm going to start on a new adventure. I've been knitting for about 2 years now and it has become something I long to do more and more. This will be a recording of the journey. I have two daughters, A, 11, and E, 6. I work full time for a medical device company. My mother lives with my girls and I. Together we have blended into a multi-generational family. Our pug Gadget rounds out our life.
The socks I'm showing I'm calling my garage sale socks as I completed the first one while sitting in our garage trying to sell more of our things.
Socks are currently one of my favorite things to do. They are the perfect take a long project and I try to always have one in my bag. I usually have 2 different socks going, not because of second sock syndrome, but rather, I need a plain stockinette pair to be able to pick up and put down at any time and another one that has a pattern that I need to follow. Memorizing patterns is not one of my strong points! At least not yet. I clearly need to work on my picture taking skills. But for now, it will work...soon enough, I won't be able to take them outside, since fall has started here...
For now, I need to get A and E ready for bed. Tomorrow is a big day, E starts first grade and A starts middle school. Stay tuned...

This is a work in progress. I'll be adding pictures, keeping track of my WIPs and see where it leads.

1 comment:

Fragile Grandma said...

How nice to have an almost new knitter to learn from and grow with. I knitted years ago but got distracted by other needlecrafts, kids and life in general. Last year my mother decided she wanted to learn to knit so we took some classes and here I am. Socks still sound daunting to me but I may get there someday. I look forward to hearing more from you.