etsy

etsy

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Beauties



My girls were at their Sunday best for Easter Sunday. We had a nice weekend. Not much knitting accomplished, but I've decided to not stress over it. I love to knit. I do not want knitting to become a chore. So what I knit is great. I am working on a mitered square "something". I don't know yet if it will be a baby blanket? A scarf? Still developing. But it feels good to use up my left over sock yarns. And it is becoming something like a memory quilt. One of the yarns I used to make some beautiful fingerless mitts for my friend's mom in Dallas. Toots treated me like her own daughter and that is a gift not easily found. She was starting to be bothered with arthirtis, so I made her a pair of mitts using some beautiful blue light sock yarn to keep her hands warm and help ward off some of the stiffness and pain she was feelign. Toots passed away last year and I miss her. So using this yarn in the blankie gives me warm memories that I cherish.

No comments: