etsy

etsy

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Loopy Ewe - Sock Kit















I tried to get into the sock of the month club at the Loopy Ewe. Not so easy, new people enter a lottery to try and get an opening. Alas, I did not win a spot in the club, so what Sherri does is provide a special consolation sock kit for all the folks who wanted to be in the club but haven't been able to get a spot. I ordered the kit last Thursday and Saturday the package was at my door. Amazing how fast the Loopy Elves package the orders. I unpacked the box and was delighted to see a new Loopy bag, a fun pen that I have to hide from my girls so I can use it, a nice sock pattern and the best yarn "W(h)ine with Roses" (Hand Maiden). So my colors, I love burgundy and deep purple...just suites me.

Other news on the knitting front, I've been working on the mitered squares, I'm really happy with such a simple project. I'm finding that while I love the challenge of lace and more complicated patterns, I really gravitate towards simple repetitive type work. Maybe it is the joy of how the colors really show off, or the simple fact that I can simply watch how my knitting is falling off the needles and enjoy it rather than stressing over a more complicated pattern. In an event, here are my squares so far... I think this is such a great way to use up your left overs. My left overs are put into a large glass vase in my bedroom, however, the vase was getting completely full and I sure wasn't going to stop knitting! So that meant I had to find a good way to use up more of the left overs. A good challenge in our economic times. So instead of having a medium sized ball in the vase, I'm using it and only putting in a tiny small ball in its place. So I guess I've gone "green" in my knitting!

Stay tuned....tomorrow will show you the next step I've taken in diving into the deep end of the knitting pool!










No comments: