etsy

etsy

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spinning up north

There will probably be long delays in blogging right now. My office is moving to a new location. Which means so much packing and filing and archiving while I'm trying to do at the same time doing my normal work tasks. However, this weekend my girls and mom and I traveled up north to my sister's lake home in Barnes, Wisconsin. They really have a lovely spot. Their home is perched high a hill overlooking the lake.

They have two decks that overlook the lake and it is just amazing. I happily sat there for a bit on Saturday afternoon and worked on my spinning. I'm making better progress with this new batch of roving. And with the light breeze, the humming birds attacking each other, jostling for position at the feeder near by I was so content. We had two evenings at the camp fire making s'mores and writing in the night air with our ember tipped sticks. I also helped repair a dock from major damage done during the winter ice heave. Now that is fun, to be in waders, lifting up dock sections while you pull the metal posts out of the lake bed and reseat them, drill and bolt in the dock sections, while in 50 degree water. I was blessed in that my brother in law took pity on me and I got the waders while he was in the cold water in shorts. All in all a great weekend.




And to top it off, it was Emily's seventh birthday. My girl was so excited and anxious to see what treasures awaited her. She is my ultra crafty girl and many of her gifts were things for her to paint and make and cut and sculpt. She was thrilled.


And finally, to see my mom, happy, with her family is the best picture of all.

No comments: