etsy

etsy

Friday, January 6, 2012

The new year beckons

The last few weeks have been filled to the brim with life.  Holiday get togethers, family gatherings, and the joy of spending time with my girls.  It also brought mind numbing tiredness.  So I gave.  I kept moving, doing the things I needed to, but that was as good as I could get.  Toss in a wicked hard cold that I'm still struggling to get on the other side and you can see where I've been for the last 3 weeks.

However, I did manage to carve out slivers of time for myself.  I learned to spin singles through some trial and error.   First results so so, but now I'm pretty comfortable with how it looks and feels...


I also received my next order from Fat Cat Knits, I "only" ordered 5 pounds of roving this time...see how much fun is coming my way?


So tonight, before the onslaught of our crazy weekend jammed packed days, I'm going to sit, slowly pre-draft some fiber and let the soothing whoosh whoosh of my wheel take me to a calm place.

I'm stressed and tired.  Can't think of a better way to calm myself.

No comments: