etsy

etsy

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sepia filled world

Winter has truly set in finally in Minnesota.  It is gray and gloomy and with the new snow yesterday it all blurs in various shades of gray, white, and black.  Hard to tell where the sky stops and the snow blanketed ground starts.  So instead I dig through my fiber basket filled with oranges, reds, and golds.  Teals sprinkled in with greys and creams.  Yarn is a true blending of colors and that is what I do each day.  Watch as the fiber slips through my fingers, sometimes soft, sometimes scratchy, yet blending into a soft yet surprisingly strong piece of yarn.  That once it is knit up will yet again transform itself, both colorwise and looks.  That is the beauty of spinning and knitting, what you start with is transformed into something even better.  This is a short post, one to let you know I'm still here, still spinning, still dreaming...

No comments: