etsy

etsy

Monday, March 19, 2012

No more boring lunches

My youngest daughter has a new job.  She is packing my lunch 2-3 times a week.  This will add some money to her monthly allowance.  It also helps me to not spend as much money at work in the cafeteria.  But I didn't bank on the food that she would pack.  I buy certain things to make it easy for her (and also so I'm sure at least I will LIKE my lunches).  But I've been happily surprised by her inventiveness.  She packs both breakfast and lunch.  It is enough to laugh out loud sometimes.  Yogurt, breakfast bars, steam-able lunches, cookies, fruit, and sometimes the best thing?  A note.  Much like the notes I used to tuck into her school lunches.  Short little declarations of love and happiness.   The combinations are not always what I would have selected, but the notes?  Best part of all. 

No comments: