etsy

etsy

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Birthday

Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's birthday, she will be 10.  Ten!  I have no more children in the single digits.  Another rite of passage.  Time is moving faster and faster.  Anna's first year of high school is coming to an end, Emily is turning 10.  When I think back to the years I longed for a family, for children.  Thinking it would never happen to me.  And then I was not only blessed with Anna, after years of struggle and soul searching, I found our way to Emily.  And my family became complete.  At an age I never expected to be a mom.  But how blessed I am.  Who knew my two girls would be found thousands and thousands of miles away from me.  In another country!  And somehow I followed the tangled red thread to find my two best blessings in life.  At the perfect time. 

Emily is determined to wake up at midnight and open a package.  I told her that all the years I was in Dallas, when it was just me, I would wait until midnight and open my birthday presents.  Who am I to deny her that joy.  After all, like mother, like daughter.

To my youngest daughter.  I love you.  You brought spice and laughter and feistiness to my life.  And I thank you.  Jump into your double digits!  Can't wait to see what happens next.

1 comment:

Lforde said...

Hope she had a great birthday!