etsy

etsy

Monday, May 7, 2012

Knitting again

For so long, I've been spinning constantly.  Happily, but I missed knitting.  With the news that there will be another baby joining our family in the next few months, I realized I needed to get with the program or there will be wee babes with nary a woolie item to be snuggled in.  So I took the beautiful Azurite roving, spun it into some equally lovely yarn.

I thought the white would come through more, but the blue really dominates the final yarn.  It is very pretty, but once again, what I think in my head will be the finished yarn is so far from the end result. 
Since this is SuperWash Merino.  I found the Baby Chalice blanket, a free pattern on Ravelry.  So far this is what it looks like.  I'm happy with it.  The yarn is soft and squishy.  It looks like it will be a small blankie.  One that can be easily used in a car seat or stroller.  One that can be easily dragged by a little one.  I hope it will be loved to pieces.  smile... 



No comments: