etsy

etsy

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Free Yarn

Can you believe how stunning this yarn is? It is Wollmeise yarn. That elusive yarn hard to find in the wild, but the Loopy Ewe (http://www.theloopyewe.com/) has this yarn in though it flies off the shelf as soon as it arrives. I was lucky enough to win this skein for making a comment on Sheri's blog. And it is amazing. This is the second time I've won yarn from The Loopy Ewe. It is wonderful stuff. I'm not sure what I'm going to make out of it, but whatever it is, it will be mine. smile...
I'm also working on some gloves out of Silky Wool, which I found at my LYS near work called Beyagi's, (http://www.beyagi.com/) it is a wonderful gem of a store. Has yarn, beads and gifts galore. The ladies are wonderful and very knowledgeable as well. They had the most vibrant colors of Silky Wool and a nice supply of it as well. When the owner saw I had some in my hands, she quickly showed me a book by Elsebeth Lavold called "Designer's Choice, Book Seventeen, The small things matter collection". The entire book is filled with patterns using Silky Wool. Now that was being a great saleswoman, not only did I leave with 2 skeins of yarn, I added the book. After going home and reviewing the book I returned and bought another 2 skeins of the yarn to make Anna a glove and hat set. Silky Wool is a great rustic looking washable yarn, perfect for gloves/mittens and the price can't be beat. I started some gloves for Anna, basic gloves until you add the last section by picking up stitches from the bottom of the glove and knit out using a Nordic cable pattern. Not much to show you right now, but here it is.

No comments: