etsy

etsy

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Knitting Madness



So February was not a great blogging month, nor knitting month. However, I did finish a pair of socks, Harry Potter yarn in the Tonks colorway. They are on their way even as I type to my sister in the wild north woods of Wisconsin for her birthday on Thursday. It will be the first pair of hand knit socks for my sister. And it was hard for me to let them go. The colors are so bright and cheery for our end of the winter grayness that threatens to envelope a person.

These socks also are pair 2 in my yearly quest to knit 12 pairs of socks this year, so I'm on target. I started the next pair, may use a pattern out of the Vintage socks book, but it is looking a bit small at the moment. I will keep working and see what I think once I get onto the patterned section...It is Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn which I really like in shades of gray, black, and white...hmmmm just what I'm seeing outside, may not have been the best choice to get past the monochromatic world I'm living in at the moment.

No comments: