etsy

etsy

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Big Gray Blob Done

It is done, I finished Girasole, the wedding is Saturday and it is done, ends woven in, soaked, and pinned out to block.  And I really am pleased with it.  The pattern done by Jared Flood is weel done, the charts easy to read and the end result beautiful.  I know my nephew Kyle and his Anna will enjoy this for many years.  Part of the gift is I'm tucking in a note saying I will take it each spring, wash it and block it out for them. 
We leave early Friday morning to drive to Milwaukee for the wedding.  Hopefully there will still be some leaves on the trees so we can enjoy the drive out.  I fear the fall in MN will be less than stellar this year due to the snow that fell the last two days.  While it is warming up this weekend, I'm sure most of the leaves will simply fall off the trees instead of turning colors.  When I lived in Texas, fall was the season I missed the most.  After living in Texas for several years I did learn to appreciate the subtly of its fall.  But how I longed for the cool crisp mornings, scuffing my way through the dried leaves on the ground, watching the geese heading south, while the rest of us prepared for the long winter ahead.  So this year not getting to watch the leaves change and glow in the sun will be sorely missed.  But one advantage of fall in MN vs TX?  Knowing that I can knit and knit and knit as many warm woolen things that I can manage and know that I still can continue to make more.  It will only get colder!

No comments: