etsy

etsy

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The blue sock isn't done with me yet


First before I continue the duel between the blue socks and me, look at this...from my office window last Friday.  Snow, big fat flakes of snow, covering windshields and starting to stick on the ground...and it is still October.  This does not bode well for the length of our winter...and while it makes my knitting fingers happy, come February and March I will be muttering a different story...but I digress...the blue sock.

The last time we talked I was crowing, Sock 2, me 1, because I finally finished the first sock and cast on the second sock, this after knitting, ripping, knitting and ripping yet again because of operator errors.  But I felt confident that everything was crusing along nicely as I started the second sock.  Well now I'm starting to have those knitting needles jabbed into my brain again and while I'm at least aware of them now, there isn't much I can do at this point...do you see? I'm just starting the heel flap, pattern is done (first time a success, ya me) ready to just cruise on the plain foot, but look at the size of the remaining ball of yarn that I have left...hmmmm that does not look like a lot....considering I have size 11 feet and need a LONG foot that really doesn't look like enough....it is going to be close, do I hear devious laughter from that ball of yarn? I continue to knit along, convincing myself I will have enough.  Well, shhhhh don't say this out loud, but I have a back up plan, I have not kitchnered (is that a word?) the toe on sock 1, which means I can easily rip back (AGAIN!) and use that yarn to hopefully complete the foot of the second sock and then use something complimentary to knit both toes to finally finish the torturous blue socks...I refuse to give the sock another point yet, I'm not defeated, I have a back up plan in place, if anything I should give myself another point!  And since I'm writing the blog, that is what I'm doing...so it is a draw, sock 2, me 2.  And now that I've waved a bright red flag in front of these socks, can't wait to see what happens next....

No comments: