etsy

etsy

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ninja Blue Socks 3, Me 2

I may have neglected say what the name of the bloody blue socks I'm working on.  They are the ninja socks.  The definition of a Ninja is "a member of a feudal Japanese society of mercenary agents, highly trained in martial arts and stealth (ninjutsu), who were hired for covert purposes ranging from espionage to sabotage and assassination."  Am I the only one to see the irony here?  Sabotage?  I finished the heel flap today at lunch, giddly whipped through the picking up the gussets and starting to knit my way around...did a couple rows, lunch was over, and I looked at it.  And felt a wave of frustration run through me.  In my delight to finish the heel flap, I neglected something...do you see?

It took me a moment and then I realized, in my giddy delight, I missed one step, rather an important step.  I did not turn the heel, sigh...it looks silly and gangly.  Which means I must....wait for it....rip out two rows.  To get back to my heel flap with no gusset stitches picked up, so I can properly turn the heel.  Even the eternal optimist in me can not see past it.

Ninja sock 3, me 2.

No comments: