etsy

etsy

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Finished Object

I finished two things Sunday night, the great gray blob of an afghan is done!  I need to weave in the ends and then block it, so pictures will follow after the weekend.  The wedding is a week from Saturday, so while not done too far in advance, it was done before I started to panic.


I'm happy with the results of the Emillia mittens.  I haven't done a lot of fair isle, but I really love the look and plan on doing more stranded knitting.  I used Julia yarn from Kristin Nichols' line and it is perfect for this.  They will be quite warm this winter.  And sad to say, the weatherman is predicting snow possibly by this weekend?  sigh....the second mitten still needs its thumb and the ends woven in.  So that better happen this week because a thumbless mitten really does NOT work for a Minnesota winter.

I did some spinning last night, the hot pink roving from yesterday's post.  It is amazingly soft stuff and I hope the yarn turns our as squishy as I want.  Emily wants me to make it into a hat for her.  I have a pattern I'm thinking about with lots of texture in it.  I need to see how the yarn actually turns out before I commit totally to the pattern.

And not to end on a sour note, but last night I spent over 2 hours looking for a dress or skirt to wear to my nephews wedding on the 17th.  I looked at 3 major name stores and 3 smaller clothings stores.  What is going on here, the primary color of the dresses/skirts were black.  I love black, most of my wardrobe is made up of black/grey/brown pants.  But I really don't want to wear black to the wedding. There were black sparkly dresses, squeiny black skirts, shimmery black jackets, even solid black outfits with embroidery.  Wehre were the browns, greens, rusts?  I was surprised that there weren't more fall color options.  I did try on a couple outfits at one place, they would have been ok, but there really didn't make me feel special or pretty.  I kept searching, found a jacket at one store, but nothing to go with it.  Found a skirt at another store, but it wouldn't go with that jacket.  Just very frustrating.  So that means this weekend I'll be heading to Mall of America.  That is where I found my two dresses for the July wedding and loved them.  Hopefully that will happen again. 

No comments: