etsy

etsy

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Knitting Begins

The craft fair went well I think. I was surprised that I sold all of my "expensive" knitting. The nice stuff, the good stuff, the stuff I was secretly hoping to take home with me for ME! Yup, that all sold. And sold fast. Even though I had the fingerless mitts I wanted in the back row, kinda hiding, they were snatched up in the first half hour. All the simple, inexpensive hats and scarves I made did not sell. They won't be wasted though, I'll keep a couple for our own hat basket at home and the rest will go to my church's warm and fuzzy gift wagon.



The biggest surpise I think was that very few of the ornaments went. I thought having things priced underr $8.00 would make them simple gifts for teachers etc. nope. Only a few sold. But that is fine as well. They will become MY girls teacher's presents and family presents. So nothing lost. And I like them, so I'm sure a few will end up on our own tree.



The biggest news I have is I've learned to drop spindle. I took a course at All About Yarn and I'm very happy with the result. I worked last night and spun up half of the 4 ounces I got of roving. My spinning has really improved. However, my plying has not. That is my big hurdle at the moment. But what I may do is go ahead and sping the rest of my roving and take it to help night on Monday at AAY and my teacher is there so maybe she can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. But I fear I really REALLY like spinning. smile.....now where can I stash ROVING!



Most of our family is coming to our house on Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to it. And more than anything I'm looking forward to a break from my hectic schedule. And finally FINALLY I get to start my Christmas knitting.....I think I'm just going to do 2 presents, a fair isle pair of mittens for my nephews finacee and a pair of fair isle socks for my mom. Seems to be a theme. I think that is pretty doable in a month. We will see if I'm up late on Christmas eve, weaving in ends!

I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments: