etsy

etsy

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lumpy Lace


I picked up this UFO again. I think I started it last fall, then I got swept into my craft fair frenzy and part of my delusion was I could finish this scarf, 4 hats, 2 socks, and 2 pairs of mittens in 2 weeks. Ummm ya, not so much. So the scarf has been waiting for me. Doesn't look like much at the moment, funny how lace does that. But I love the colors, it has greens, lavenders, yellow greens and then shots of sky blue, I'm calling it my Woodlands Scarf. I don't have the yarn info, I'm terrible about losing it once I wind up the yarn. But it is a really nice light and soft sock yarn.
I'm also continuing working on the Tonks socks. First pair is charging down to the toe decreases, so hopefully by Sunday sock number one will be done.
I agreed to teach my good friend how to knit socks. She is champing at the bit, waiting for her selected Knit Picks yarn to arrive, and they watch another sock convert will join the group. I really hope she enjoys making socks as much as I do. And we will see how well I can teach someone else how to do it. I sure don't want my teaching efforts to turn someone off of knitting something new and wonderful!

No comments: