etsy

etsy

Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm back!

I'm back. I've been sick for the last two weeks and it wasn't pretty. I hardly knit at all which just goes to show how crummy I felt. But I'm finally feeling better. I worked on the oldest UFO I have. I started this afghan probably 2 years ago. It is simple, but I love it. It is a simple pattern of knitting ten rows and then the next ten rows you increase by knitting in the front and back of each stitch to double your stitch count. You knit and purl for 10 rows, the next row you knit 2 together across and repeat that pattern of ten rows. I added a border of seed stitch (five stitches worth) to help keep the rolling in check. The ruching is simple but adds a really nice look and texture. And it will be so nice to snuggle under the next time I'm not feeling well.

I also got a wonderful surprise this weekend. I ordered some roving from The Loopy Ewe last week. I don't order a lot online because I'm lucky to have many nearby LYS and I love to feel and touch and drink in the colors of the yarn in person. But I have ordered in the past from The Loopy Ewe and always was thrilled with my purchases. I knew they had a policy where when you have ordered from them six times, you join the ranks of "The Loopy Groupies". I also knew that on the sixth order, they threw in some wee gifties and surprises to welcome you to The Loopy Groupies group. I did not pay attention to how many times I'd ordered from them. I always read Sheri's blog and enjoy it very much. Last week she had a great picture of some roving and yarn spun from the roving that I fell in love with, so I quickly ordered it. And Saturday I got a much larger box than I expected from the Loopy Ewe. I realized it was my sixth order.
I was so excited to see not only the lovely roving but sock yarn, a sock pattern, a calendar (not pictured since my youngest daughter already absconded with it), Loopy kisses, and handwritten note all tucked into a Loopy Tote bag. Talk about exciting! There is nothing better than getting unexpected gifts and when those gifts include yarn? Heaven.


So if you haven't discovered The Loopy Ewe yet, hop on over and give it a look. They have lots of indi dyers and new yarns that you won't find many other places. They have great customer service and a very personal feel to their product. And I LOVE my Loopy tote!


No comments: