etsy

etsy

Monday, March 1, 2010

Gotcha Day, Urgent Care and a Missing Pug

The last week has been intersting, filled with a celebration of Emily's sixth Gotcha Day, Anna's participating in the 30 hour Famine, my visit to Urgent Care, and the disapperance of a pug.  And in between all this, knitting was done!

Six years ago, I was in China where I was blessed to receive a fiesty strong willed 22 month old little girl.  A scared sad little girl with eyes that seemed to swallow me.  Fast forward to today, my nearly eight year old fiesty strong willed child runs through life.  Determined.  Fiercely loyal.  We met her "fairy god mother" and the three of us wandered through a book store, Justice, and Claires after eating delicious Chinese food for lunch.  It was a wonderful time filled with memories both hard and wonderful. 

Anna participated in our church's 30 hour famine program, she and her friends made over 10,000 meals at Feed Our Starving Children and maybe, just maybe, got a glimpse of how so many others in our world today feel, hungry and wondering where their next meal will come from.  A good reminder for all of us.

My excitement involved a trip to urgent care.  That blurry picture on the left is my finger.  It was/is infected.  Very swollen and red yesterday, didn't want to bend.  I've done this before and knew I'd need a dr.'s help.  So off we went.  I do not mind waiting in the waiting room at urgent care, with it's first come first serve.  No problem.  But really, when you put me in the back in a tiny exam room, painted in a pea green color, with no magazines etc (and couldn't knit do to sore finger), please do not leave me in there, for any longer than 10 minutes.  I waited in that tiny claustrophobic nauseatingly green room for 35 minutes before the dr. finally came in, looked at my finger and agreed it needed to be drained.  I knew that it would be more painful to numb my finger than to simply make the small incision and drain it. (remember, this has happened to me before)  So a fem minutes later, I'm walking out the door with a less throbbing finger, more medicine to try and get rid of any remaining infection, and wondering if I could knit later in the day. 

After taking a nap during the afternoon, I finished this.  Which was just started on Friday night. It looks somewhat like a hot water bottle holder but it is actually a baby cozy.  and those are cute little owl cables at the top of the snuggle sack.  I think I will add emboridered french knots for the eyes.  And the color is so much prettier, it looks like a peacock feather when the sunlight hits it just right.  It is a blueish green with hints of purple.  Winter nights make for bad pictures.
And the last bit of news is Gadget disappered this morning.  He was snuggled in with Emily sleeping, I got up to take my shower, usually, as long as he has someone to snuggle with, he will stay in bed and wait for me to get out of the shower.  Not so much today.  I got up, Emily sound asleep, but no pug. I call him, look everywhere upstairs, no pug.  Go downstairs, calling searching, no pug.  Race back upstairs, calling more urgently.  Still no pug.  Drag sleeping teenager out of bed to start looking for wayward pug, when I see the dust ruffle move on my bed.  And shortly after see my pug come out from under my bed.  I now have proof he lost weight while my mom has been in Alabama.  Because he couldn't FIT under my bed before.  But happily after much loving and squeezing, our morning continued with no further drama.  Here is how Gadget normally sleeps, on a pillow, curled up tight, with hair extensions on his back.  What?  Your dog dosn't have extensions?  Or a pillow?  Yup, that is how it rolls at our house....

No comments: