etsy

etsy

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Battle of the Ninja is won

I'm not even going to think about how much time has gone into one pair of socks.  Nice socks, but they took more time than I usually spend on 2 pairs.  Of course that may be because I probably knit stitch for stitch equaling two pair, but so be it.


They are done!  And I will relish wearing them.  Even though the picture does not show the toes of both, rest assured I completed them in the same yarn.  And had this much left over. Not even enough to really save for darning or making any future repairs.  But they are done and complete.  I wish the cuff was a bit longer, but then looking at what I had left over in the yarn department, we all know that was not an option. 

So I'm moving on, I'm really ahead of where I normally am for Christmas knitting.  I have 3 rows left and Pretty Thing will be complete.  I'm about 75% done with the crocheted edging on the Hemlock Ring Blanket.  Which leaves me with a scarf for my nephew Kyle and has opened up the possibilites for my mom's gift.  I've decided to make a pair of Latvian Wedding Socks.  I can't figure out how to get a picture of them on here, but they are a cream background with riotous colorfilled fair isle patterns.  She will love them!

So the Christmas countdown continues, T minus 35 days.



No comments: