etsy

etsy

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sunny Days

There has been a dearth of sunny days here this fall.  It has been downright dreary.  And I realized something today, the news is equally dreary, doom and gloom, horrible tragedies, nothing but awful.  And that is why more of my discretionary time is spent reading knitting blogs instead of the news sites.  I'm tired of reading all the bad things going on in the world.  And while I'm not an ostrich with my head in the sand, I can certainly limit the amount of "hard" news I take in each day.  Instead I will focus on seeing new projects created from yarn and fiber, watch sunsets recreated into fair isle mitts, see how sheep wool can be transformed through spinning, dyeing and knitting to become well loved blankies, and to see how simple hats and mittens knit for charity can help those in need. 


So with that in mind, here is a simple earwarmer I recently finished for myself, another rariety.  I used two nameless sock yarns and a pattern from Selbuvettor and wound up with this.  I really need to do better on my pictures, like have a person in them occasionally.  but I think it turned out well.  And shortly when I'm out shoveling or scraping the car off I will appreicate it's double thickness.

No comments: