etsy

etsy

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ninja Socks 3, Me 3

You would think I've learned to quit waving the red flag in front of these socks.  Last time we talked, I realized I had forgotten to turn the heel and had blithley whipped right past that and was working on the gussets decreases.  I frogged them back to the heel flap, quickly turned the heel and once again picked up the necessary stitches for the gussets and I'm working on the body of the foot.  This is going relatively quickly when you consider I'm lucky to get 4 or 5 rounds knit during my short lunch.  I contine eyeing the steadily decreasing ball of yarn, so last night I weighed sock one, it came to 1.7 gr.  Weighed the second sock along with the remaining yarn, yup, 1.7.  EXACTLY.  So the good news is they weigh the same, which theoretically mean I should be able to finish them with the remaining yarn.  The bad news is they weigh the same, which will probably mean I will run out of yarn 3 rows from the end.  smile....

But the really good news?  I don't need my socks to match exactly to be happy with them, so I will not mind having a diferent toe on one sock, so I'm not going to rip the first sock back to make matching toes, I'm just going to knit until I run out of yarn and then deal with the fall out on the second sock.  So there ninja, take that!

No comments: