etsy

etsy

Monday, December 7, 2009

My Amazing Race- T minus 17 days


Remember when I said I was ahead of the game on Christmas knitting?  Well I may have been, but no longer.  I finished Kyle's hat last night, put it on and realized it was too short.  It just hit the top of my ears.  Leaving the bottom of ones ears hanging out in the harsh winds of a Minnesota winter is not a wise idea.  So I ripped back the decreases and added another 2 1/2 inches to the body of the hat, I've started the decreases again, it should be finished in an hour or so of knitting.  I also decided that I would make him a pair of mittens to go with the hat.  I finished his Anna's cowl a couple weeks ago, but now am going to add either fingerless gloves or maybe just a little lacy cuff to tuck into jacket sleeves or sweater sleeves.  That makes 2 more projects.  Which in 17 days is more than doable.  But the real kicker is the happy socks.  They make me very happy, however, I do not see them for mom anymore.  She will not want to work at pulling on socks in the morning.  So Saturday I started another pair of socks for her, my first pair of monkey socks.  I started late Sat. night and by last night I got the cuff section done and completed the set up rows for the heel flap.  So now I have a pair of mittens, fingerless gloves/cuffs, and a pair of mittens to complete in 17 days.  Still doable but I will have to be careful and not let time slip past me.  Add into the mix piano lessons, choir concerts, and Sunday School programs and the knitting time becomes more elusive.  (Since mom will be at all but the piano lessons, can't work on her socks then.)   So the race has begun!

No comments: