etsy

etsy

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Home Stretch

I started with this lovely blue roving from the Sanguine Gryphon.  It was shiny and silky and lovely to spin.  This is what I'm using for my fingerless mitts for Kyle's Anna.  And this is the first mitt sans thumb.
Spinning has turned into such a joy for me.  I love to knit, but there is something special about spinning.  It is mesmerizing to me.  And I can't spin until I finish my Christmas knitting...sigh...don't know why my family wouldn't get all excited about getting beautiful skeins of handspun yarn!  No, they insist that I transform that yarn into something they can wear.  Silly people....

I have one sock done for mom.  The other is on the foot, just past the gussets.  The matching mitt for Anna is just above the thumb section, so they are flying along.  However, Kyle's hat still has a hole at the top where I need to complete the decreases and his mittens have yet to be started.  So plenty of knitting to be done in the next week.  Which is why there must not be any spinning going on!

Sunday Emily played for the Christmas program at church.  She was so nervous about playing Good King Wenceslas.  But she walked up in front of the jammed church, people crowding into the aisles, sat down at the ginormous grand piano and calmly played her song flawlessly.  I was so very proud of her.  She even had her hair cut earlier in the day with layers in it like her sister.  I am so proud of my girls.

No comments: